SWOT ANALYSIS OF SEO
As we all know It’s not about having the right opportunities, but it’s all about how we handle the opportunities rightly.
If you have a website or Business but no idea where to start and how to create an SEO strategy? Then this article is definitely for you.
Here I am trying to explain how to identify your business’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to determine what is the best to direct your search marketing efforts.
it Often seems whenever people hear about SEO they only think about building links and create strategy only for linkbuilding and they waste a lot of time and efforts on activities that are going to deliver zero or little in the way of returns. Here the most important factor comes: SWOT Analysis of SEO
SWOT: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats
As we all know SWOT analysis covers four important key areas: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
This analysis helps you to identify where you currently are in term to optimizing your website and improving your SEO.
Strengths and Weaknesses are usually internal to the business whereas opportunities and threats, are typically from external sources.
Strengths and opportunities are based on details factors that should be helpful in achieving your objective, whereas weaknesses and threats are harmful to achieving your objective.
SEO SWOT Analysis
If we are doing a SWOT Analysis for SEO then it is very important to look at a business’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats from an SEO viewpoint.
- Industry expertise – It is important to know what is business expertise
- Expert content – Content Marketing strategy should be rich.
- How popular your website is.
- Low domain authority metrics
- Poor rankings for primary commercial keywords
- Website is not well-optimized
- Presence of duplicate content
- No SEO plugin or technical optimization
- No local results for your business local queries
- Very basic analytics setup with no conversion tracking
- No Webmaster code presence
- Continue publish useful content and spread it across
- Rank in the top five results for commercial search terms by building links and authority.
- Improve the ranking of existing useful and informational content.
- Build links to useful content pieces to build authority.
- The gap between the major competitors is growing.
- Newer and less experienced competitors are overtaking you in organic.
- The gap in authority between your business and competitors is growing.
On the basis of these analyses now we can start putting an SEO plan.
SEO SWOT questions
Below mentioned questions help us to put into action for your website.
- What makes you better than your competitors?
- What drives the most organic traffic?
- What are your best links?
- What keywords do you rank well for currently?
- What content ranks well currently?
- What are your digital assets?
- What is your very best asset?
Strengths are always an internal factor and the easiest thing to find out.
Weakness is also an internal factor and a lot of efforts require to identify it. Here I am mentioning some points which help to identify Weaknesses.
- Which areas need improvement?
- What your competitors do better than you in Business?
- Where are your competitors stronger than you in SEO?
- What kind of content is currently driving little or no traffic?
- Which SEO method have previously failed to deliver results?
- Do you have the budget required to reach your SEO objectives?
- How far are you behind the competition? In what areas?
- With the help of Strengths and Weaknesses, Opportunities are born out.
- What content could be made that would have a major impact?
- What features of the website could be optimized to improve results?
- What areas of the website that perform well could be expanded to perform even better?
- What weaknesses could be easily resolved?
- Are there any changes to the search engine results we can leverage?
The threats are always the hardest component and need to be based on an understanding of your own weaknesses and your competitors’ strengths.
- Ask yourself which competitors are strong where and what is your weakness?
- Are newer, less experienced competitors improving their SEO and capturing the market?
- Is the gap between you and your competitors increasing?
- Are search engine results changing in a way that could impact your business?
- Are any new startups aggressively gathering market share?
With the help of this SEO SWOT questions, hope you know where to invest your efforts.